April 2, 1953 – December 24, 2014
Born in 1953 in Warsaw. Graduated from the cinematography department of the Film School in Łódź. He used to work in Studio Malych Form Filmowych Se-Ma-for and then in Karol Irzykowski Film Studio. In the years 1985-91 he was a member of TOR Film Studio. He directed short films. Since 2001 – a member of the European Film Academy.
At the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival award for Best Director for My Nikifor in 2005 and for Papusza in 2013.
Savior’s Square (Plac zbawiciela)
|2004||My Nikifor (Moj Nikifor)
– 2005 IFF Karlovy Vary Grand Prix, the Crystal Globe, Best Actress for Krystyna Feldman;
– 2004 Gdynia Film Festival Best Actress Award for Krystyna Feldman;
– 2006 Polish Film Festival Los Angeles – Hollywood Eagle Award
|2000||Big Deals (Wielkie rzeczy)
The Game (Gra)
The System (System), TV Series
The Debt (Dług)
|1996||Street Games (Gry uliczne)
– 1996 Special Jury Award at PFF in Gdynia ’96
|1988||New York, Four A.M. (Nowy Jork – czwarta rano)
– 1988 Award for the Best Cinema Debut At PFF in Gdynia ’88