Marek Skrobecki – film director and especially classical puppet animator. Born 19.09. 1951 in Kalisz – Poland. For many years has worked in Se-ma-for Film Production in Łódź.
He graduated from the Fine Arts Academy in Łódź and the Animation Department in the Polish National Film School in Łódź (M.A. in 1990). He received a scholarship from the British Council and received training in Jim Henson’s Creature Shop and Aardman Animation (1992). He made his first film, a cartoon titled “The Episode” in 1988. Later he created some cartoons for children. But it was only when he made D.I.M in 1992 in Se-ma-for that he found his unique manner. Animating human size puppets is a novelty in Polish puppet animation. The experience from making this film he has used in his later works, especially in, Ichthys and Peter and the Wolf as production designer and in his latest film Danny Boy.
– 2011 Montecatini Terme Short Film Festival – “Pinocchio Collodi Foundation” Award;
– 2010 International Film Festival in Solothurn – Audience Award;
– 2010 Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival – “Narcisse”, H.R. Giger Award
|2008||The Bug Trainer|
– 2006 Seul Internationl Cartoon & Animation Festival – Special Distinction;
– 2006 Belgrade International Animated Film Festival “Balkanima” – Grand Prix;
– 2005 Ottawa International Animation Film Festival – First Prize
|1991||The Last Sandwich|